Ukrainian invented a unique service for paying for toll roads in Europe
Pavlo Voroniuk, a Ukrainian, invented and created the Vignette ID platform, which allows you to pay for travel on toll roads and avoid fines.
The man, who has been living in Slovenia for more than 10 years and has considerable experience in international transportation, decided to create an application that would allow paying for travel "in a few clicks" and avoiding fines imposed on violators. The service is becoming increasingly popular in the European Union, reports Enovosty.com.
It took about two months of work to create the first version of Vignette ID (Slovenia was the first country to be added).
The service was launched on January 26, 2022. On August 15 of the same year, the first version was uploaded to the App Store, and on August 29, the app became available on Google Play.
As of January 2024, eight countries have already been integrated into the service: Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, and Switzerland.
"Drivers from all over Europe use our apps and web version every day. On average, they buy travel for 2-3 countries, which confirms my theory that we are making it easier for drivers to plan their trips," Voroniuk said.
The Vignette ID service simplifies the process of paying for road use in European countries and allows
- buy "passes" - vignettes - for several cars and countries at the same time
- easily and quickly pay all necessary road tolls and tunnel passes
- choose the validity period of vignettes - from several days to several months (depending on the duration of your trip)
- Receive reminders (push notifications) after activation and the day before the expiration of the vignette (so as not to miss the deadline and not to face a fine)
- receive round-the-clock assistance from the service support team in several languages
- make payments via Google Pay, Apple Pay, or with all major credit cards (MasterCard, Maestro, VISA, VISA Electron, and American Express), regardless of the bank.