Los Angeles: Neighborhoods that won't leave you indifferent
Los Angeles is one of the most popular and diverse cities in the world. From Hollywood stars to sunny beaches, from cultural attractions to natural wonders, Los Angeles has something to offer every tourist. But how do you choose the best neighborhood for a vacation in this huge metropolis? In this article we will tell you about the most interesting and convenient neighborhoods of the City of Angels for different types of vacations: family, romantic, active, cultural or shopping.
Hollywood is the best neighborhood for a first visit to Los Angeles
A neighborhood that will not leave any tourist visiting Los Angeles indifferent. Here you can immerse yourself in the world of movies, see the stars on Hollywood Boulevard, visit studios and museums related to the history and modernity of filmmaking, and even catch a premiere or award ceremony. Hollywood offers plenty of entertainment, restaurants, bars and shopping for every taste and budget. This is a neighborhood where you will never be bored and will always find something interesting and exciting to do.
Where to stay in Hollywood
There are enough hotels and apartments in this neighborhood where you can stay. We suggest you consider the Top 3 hotels based on visitor reviews.
Thompson Hollywood is a four-star hotel, with a modern style. It is located in the heart of Hollywood, within walking distance of Hollywood Boulevard, the Chinese Theater, and the Dolby Theater. The spacious rooms, rooftop pool and sundeck, restaurants and bars will not leave you wanting more. Free Wi-Fi, fitness center, concierge service and parking are available.
Address: 1541 Wilcox Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028, United States
Phone: +1 323-465-1234
Rating: 4 ⭐
Thompson Hollywood is a beautiful hotel in the heart of Hollywood.
Dream Hollywood is a four-star hotel that will delight lovers of style and luxury. Located at the corner of Selma Avenue and Cowenga Boulevard, it is surrounded by the Hollywood Hills. It offers elegant interiors, cozy rooms with huge windows, a rooftop pool and chic restaurants. The atmospheric bar-lounge offers unforgettable city views and a whole new nightlife experience.
Address: 6417 Selma Ave, Hollywood, CA 90028, United States
Phone: +1 323-844-6417
Rating: 4.2 ⭐
Dream Hollywood is a luxury hotel in Hollywood.
Kimpton Everly Hotel Hollywood is a four-star hotel suitable for those seeking togetherness away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is a two-minute walk from the Capitol Records building, a ten-minute drive from the Griffith Observatory and the Hollywood Sign. The hotel offers bright and welcoming decor, comfortable rooms with city or mountain views, a skyline pool, sundeck, restaurant and bar. Amenities include free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, free coffee and tea in the lobby, free bike rentals and an evening wine reception.
Address: 1800 Argyle Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028, United States
Phone: +1 213-279-3532
Rating: 4.3 ⭐
Kimpton Everly Hotel is an amazing Hollywood hotel that you will want to return to again and again.
West Hollywood is a great neighborhood for nightlife
A place that attracts those who love to party and dance till the morning. It is home to the famous Sunset Strip, where you can find many clubs, bars and concert venues where both famous and up-and-coming musicians perform. West Hollywood is famous for its LGBT culture and friendly atmosphere. Here you can visit one of the most popular gay bars in the world, The Abbey, or check out a drag queen show at Micky's. West Hollywood is a neighborhood where you will never be bored and will always find something to enjoy.
Where to stay in West Hollywood
If you want to be close to the center of nightlife, consider these three hotels.
The London West Hollywood is an exquisite hotel located just off the Sunset Strip. It offers 200 rooms and suites, most of which have impressive floor-to-ceiling windows and offer amazing views. The color scheme of the rooms, is warm and muted and the furnishings are filled with interesting design pieces. The highlight of this elegant place is the rooftop pool and the popular California restaurant.
Address: 1020 N San Vicente Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, United States
Phone: +1 844-489-9660
Rating: 4.6 ⭐
The London West Hollywood is a chic Los Angeles hotel.
Le Parc at Melrose is the best boutique hotel in the neighborhood. Combines an urban aesthetic with 154 residential-style suites. Le Parc is dotted with art and designer pieces. Rooms feature living rooms, kitchenettes, and private balconies. The chic rooftop terrace is another real draw.
Address: 733 N W Knoll Dr, West Hollywood, CA 90069, United States
Phone: +1 310-855-8888
Rating: 4.4 ⭐
Le Parc at Melrose is an artistic expression of love in a famous Los Angeles neighborhood.
The Chamberlain West Hollywood is a chic hotel that will delight lovers of style and comfort. It is located in a quiet residential area of West Hollywood within walking distance of the Sunset Strip and Santa Monica Boulevard. The hotel has modern interiors, spacious rooms with fireplaces and balconies, a rooftop pool and sundeck, a restaurant and bar. It offers free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, a business center and parking.
Address: 1000 Westmount Dr, West Hollywood, CA 90069, United States
Phone: +1 310-657-7400
Rating: 4.3 ⭐
Chamberlain West Hollywood is a true gem of this amazing Los Angeles neighborhood.
The advantage of West Hollywood is that it is located in the center of everything Los Angeles has to offer. You can easily get to Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Downtown or the beaches using public transportation or cabs. You will also enjoy the variety of stores, restaurants, cafes and galleries that are in close proximity to the hotel. West Hollywood is a neighborhood that combines glamour, culture and fun.
Beverly Hills is a neighborhood for luxury lovers
Known for its opulence and glitz. Here you can see luxurious villas of celebrities, walk along the most expensive street in the world - Rodeo Drive, where boutiques of the most famous designers are located, and feel part of the elite. Beverly Hills offers plenty of entertainment, restaurants, bars and museums for every taste and budget. It is a neighborhood where you can bathe in luxury and enjoy life in all its glory.
When deciding to spend your vacation in this area of Los Angeles, be sure to visit the most popular Beverly Hills attractions:
- Greystone Mansion. A historic villa built in 1928 for oil tycoon Edward Doheny. It is one of the most beautiful and largest mansions in the United States and is often used as a movie studio. The house is surrounded by a picturesque park that is always open to guests.
- Beverly Hills City Hall. A Spanish Colonial Revival style building built in 1932. It is the administrative center of the city and has a high dome decorated with a golden star.
- Beverly Hills Public Library. Has more than 300,000 books, magazines, audio and video materials, and a collection of paintings and records.
- Frederick R. Weissman Art Foundation. A private collection of contemporary art with over 400 works by artists such as Picasso, Kandinsky, Warhol, and others. The collection is housed in a mansion built in 1964 and is available to the public by appointment.
As you can see, Beverly Hills is interesting not only for its luxurious apartments.
Where to stay in Beverly Hills
Experience a taste of luxury at great hotels in Los Angeles' luxury neighborhood.
The Beverly Hills Hotel is a legendary hotel that was built in 1912 and is one of the most famous and luxurious in the world. It offers 208 tropical-style rooms and suites with views of the gardens or the city. It houses a swimming pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant and bar. This noble place is frequented by celebrities and politicians.
Address: 9641 Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, United States
Phone: +1 310-276-2251
Rating: 4.6 ⭐
The Beverly Hills - live like true royalty in a luxurious Los Angeles neighborhood.
Beverly Wilshire Hotel. A luxury hotel that was built in 1928 and is part of the Four Seasons chain. It has 395 classically styled rooms and suites with marble bathrooms and balconies. It has a swimming pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant and bar. This is the hotel where famous movies such as Pretty Woman and Beverly Hills Cop were filmed.
Address: 9500 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, United States
Phone: +1 310-275-5200
Rating: 4.7 ⭐
The Beverly Wilshire Hotel is another island of luxury in the famous Los Angeles area.
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills. A modern hotel that opened in 2017 and is part of the Hilton chain. It offers 170 art deco-style rooms and suites with terraces, baths, and city or mountain views. The hotel has a swimming pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant and bar. It is characterized by a high level of service and sophistication.
Address: 9850 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, United States
Phone: +1 310-860-6666
Rating: 4.6 ⭐
The Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills will leave the best memories of the amazing Los Angeles area.
What makes Beverly Hills special is that this neighborhood combines tradition and innovation, history and modernity, culture and entertainment. Here you can see not only luxury and glitz, but also unique architecture, art and nature. Beverly Hills is an area that will captivate all travelers with its charm and style.
Downtown Los Angeles is the central neighborhood
The best part of the city for travelers without a car. Here you will find many attractions, museums, theaters, restaurants and stores that are accessible on foot or by public transportation. Here you will feel the pulse of the city, see its history and modernity, culture and entertainment.
The most popular and interesting places for entertainment in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Walt Disney Concert Hall. An impressive Frank Gehry-designed building where you can hear music from the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra and other performers.
- Broad Museum. A contemporary art museum that houses a collection of over 2,000 works by artists such as Warhol, Koons, Lichtenstein and others.
- Central Market. A historic food court where you can sample a variety of food from Mexican to Japanese, sandwiches to soups.
- Crypto Arena. Sports and entertainment complex where you can watch basketball or hockey games and celebrity concerts.
Where to stay in Downtown
There are plenty of good hotels in Downtown. We've picked out the best according to visitors.
Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza. A four-star hotel that is located within walking distance of attractions. The hotel offers 453 elegantly decorated rooms and suites with city or garden views. It has a swimming pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant and bar.
Address: 251 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, United States
Phone: +1 213-617-3300
Rating: 4.4 ⭐
Loews Hollywood Hotel. 628 contemporary-style rooms and suites with city or mountain views. The hotel features a pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant and bar.
Address: 1755 Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028, United States
Phone: +1 323-856-1200
Rating: 4.3 ⭐
The specialty and advantage of Downtown Los Angeles is that this neighborhood is easy to explore without a car. You can use the subway, buses, streetcars or bicycles to get anywhere in the city. You can also stroll through historic and modern sites and admire the buildings, parks and plazas that make up the unique look of the city. Downtown is a neighborhood that will allow you to see different sides of Los Angeles.
Santa Monica is a neighborhood for families
The perfect Los Angeles neighborhood for family vacations. Here you can enjoy the beach, promenade, amusement park and shopping, and watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Santa Monica also offers plenty of activities for kids and adults.
- Surfing Lesson. A great way to familiarize yourself with the waves and get an adrenaline boost. You can learn the basics of surfing under the guidance of an experienced instructor and try to catch your first wave.
- Electric bike tour of Santa Monica and Venice. A fun way to explore these two neighborhoods on two wheels. See canals reminiscent of Italy's Venice, stroll down Venice Boulevard where street performers perform, and visit the famous Muscle Beach where bodybuilders work out.
- Cayton Children's Museum. A state-of-the-art location where kids can create, play and learn. The museum has different zones dedicated to art, science, technology and nature and organizes various activities and programs for kids of different ages.
- Tongva Park. A beautiful place where you can take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and admire nature. The park has different areas including gardens, fountains, playgrounds and an amphitheater, and organizes various events and concerts.
Santa Monica is a great Los Angeles neighborhood for traveling with kids.
Where to stay in Santa Monica
If you're looking to stay in Santa Monica, consider these three hotels.
Shore Hotel. A modern four-star hotel that is located steps away from the beach and the Santa Monica Pier. It has 164 rooms and suites decorated in bright colors with ocean or city views. The hotel recommends an outdoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, restaurant and bar.
Address: 1515 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401, United States
Phone: +1 310-458-1515
Rating: 4.3 ⭐
The Ambrose Hotel. A cozy four-star hotel that is located in a quiet area of Santa Monica, a short drive from the beach and downtown. The hotel offers 77 rooms and suites decorated in natural colors and materials, with organic amenities. It has a fitness center, business center, complimentary breakfast and shuttle service to the beach.
Address: 1255 20th St, Santa Monica, CA 90404, United States
Phone: +1 310-315-1555
Rating: 4.5 ⭐
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Monica. Affordable hotel that is a five-minute walk from the Santa Monica Pier and Metro station. The hotel offers 143 contemporary-style rooms and suites with refrigerators and microwaves.
Address: 501 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401, United States
Phone: +1 310-260-1100
Rating: 4.1 ⭐
Santa Monica is great for families with children of all ages. There are tons of activities and entertainment that will appeal to both adults and children. You can marvel at the beauty and tranquility of the ocean, beach and parks. Santa Monica is a Los Angeles neighborhood that will give you unforgettable impressions and emotions.
Venice is a neighborhood for unique experiences
Here you can see canals reminiscent of Italian Venice, walk along Venice Boulevard where street performers perform, and visit the famous Muscle Beach where bodybuilders train. Venice offers plenty of entertainment to suit all tastes and budgets. It is an amazing Los Angeles neighborhood where you will feel the spirit of freedom and creativity.
The most popular attractions and entertainment in Venice:
- Venice Beach. A popular place to sunbathe, swim, surf or just enjoy the amazing ocean view. The beach is also known for its promenade, where there are many stores, cafes, and souvenir stores.
- Venice Skatepark. A modern skate park that attracts many skateboarders of different levels. Here you can watch their tricks and take photos against the backdrop of palm trees and the ocean.
- Venice canals. A picturesque pedestrian zone where you can stroll along the canals surrounded by beautiful houses and gardens. Here you will feel the atmosphere of tranquility and romance.
- Touch of Venice mural. A large mural located on Winward Avenue that is inspired by Orson Welles' classic movie, Touch of Evil. The mural features Charlton Heston and Janet Leigh, the stars of the movie, and other Venice-related elements.
Where to stay in California's Venice
If you want to be in the center of LA's bohemian life, check out these hotels.
Hotel Erwin. A modern four-star hotel that is located on Ocean Avenue, just steps away from Venice Beach and Pier. The hotel offers 164 rooms and suites decorated in bright colors with ocean or city views. It has an outdoor pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant and bar.
Address: 1697 Pacific Ave, Venice, CA 90291, United States
Phone: +1 310-452-1111
Rating: 4.3 ⭐
Venice Breeze Suites. A cozy hotel that is located on Breeze Avenue, steps away from the beach and Boardwalk of Venice. The hotel recommends 31 contemporary-style rooms and suites with kitchens and balconies.
Rating: 4.3 ⭐
Venice combines different styles and cultures, history and modernity, tranquility and fun. Here you will see not only the beach and canals, but also unique art, architecture and people. Venice is an amazing neighborhood of Los Angeles, which will give an unforgettable vacation and a lot of positive emotions.
Manhattan Beach is a neighborhood for a romantic vacation
If you are looking for a neighborhood in Los Angeles for a romantic vacation, then go to Manhattan Beach. Here you can enjoy the beach, promenade, amusement park and shopping, and watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Manhattan Beach offers plenty of fun activities for lovers.
- Manhattan Beach Pier. A romantic spot where you can stroll along a wooden walkway, see an aquarium with marine animals, gaze at the skyline and take photos against the ocean.
- Manhattan Beach Botanical Gardens. A tranquil place where you can take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and admire nature. The garden has different areas including a rose garden, herb garden, butterfly exhibit and succulent garden, and organizes various events and exhibitions.
Where to stay in Manhattan Beach
If you're looking for a romantic getaway in Los Angeles, consider these hotels.
The Belamar Hotel Manhattan Beach, Tapestry Collection by Hilton. A sophisticated hotel, it offers comfortable rooms with all the amenities and great views from the window.
Address: 3501 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, United States.
Phone: +1 310-750-0300
Rating: 4.3 ⭐
Shade Hotel Manhattan Beach. A luxurious four-star hotel that is located on Ocean Avenue, steps away from the beach and pier of Manhattan Beach. The hotel offers 164 rooms and suites decorated in a contemporary style with ocean or city views. It has an outdoor pool, spa, fitness center, restaurant and bar.
Address: 1221 N Valley Dr, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, United States
Phone: +1 310-546-4995
Rating: 4.4 ⭐
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach. A cozy three-star hotel that's a short drive from Los Angeles Airport and Manhattan Beach. The hotel offers 176 home-style rooms and suites with kitchens and living areas. It has an outdoor pool, fitness center, complimentary breakfast and free Wi-Fi.
Address: 1700 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, United States
Phone: +1 310-421-3100
Rating: 4.2 ⭐
Manhattan Beach is a romantic neighborhood of Los Angeles that will give you unforgettable impressions and emotions.
South Bay is the best beach neighborhood in Los Angeles
If you love beach vacations, then head to South Bay in Los Angeles. There are many beaches here that are suitable for different types of vacations such as surfing, volleyball, walking, picnics and just relaxing. South Bay offers many activities such as parks, museums, restaurants and bars that are available in the three cities that make up the area; Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach.
Best Beaches in the South Bay:
- Manhattan Beach. Suitable for surfing, volleyball and shopping enthusiasts. Here you can learn the basics of surfing under the guidance of an experienced instructor, play volleyball on one of the many sand courts or visit the stores and boutiques on Manhattan Beach Boulevard.
- Hermosa Beach. Suitable for strolls, picnics and parties. Here you can stroll along the boardwalk and see fishermen, musicians and the sunset, dine al fresco at one of the many cafes and restaurants or visit one of the many bars and clubs with live music and dancing.
- Redondo Beach. Suitable for those who love relaxation, culture and nature. Here you can relax on the sand, admire the ocean view, watch a play, concert and show, or visit the Seaside Lagoon, where you can swim in an artificial salt water body surrounded by sand.
This Los Angeles beach neighborhood offers a diverse selection of suitable coastline for different types of vacations. You will be able to choose a beach that suits your style, mood, and interests. You will enjoy not only the sun, sand and waves, but also the many other activities and entertainment that are available here.
Los Angeles is a dream city for many travelers. Here you will find everything from luxury and fame to tranquility and coziness. Depending on your preferences and goals, you will be able to choose the neighborhood that suits you best. Treat yourself to an unforgettable vacation in Los Angeles.