United's New Summer Flights: Gateway to North American Adventures
In a move set to delight outdoor enthusiasts, United Airlines unveiled plans to launch over 100 new flights this summer to various U.S. and Canadian destinations. This expansion focuses on connecting travelers to some of North America's most stunning locales, including Alaska's Anchorage and Fairbanks, and Canadian cities such as Calgary, Vancouver, and Halifax.
Prompted by a surge in demand for outdoor exploration during the pandemic, United is responding with its largest schedule to Alaska in a decade and a significant increase in flights between the U.S. and Canada. The airline aims to capitalize on the continuing trend of travelers seeking scenic escapes to places like national parks and mountain towns.
United's summer strategy includes nearly 70 daily flights to national park destinations such as Bozeman, MT, Jackson Hole, WY, and Kalispell, MT. In Canada, United is set to solidify its position as the leading U.S. carrier, with over 150 daily flights connecting to nine Canadian cities from all seven of its U.S. hubs. This growth in the Canadian market, a 70% increase since the expanded partnership with Air Canada in 2022, also benefits members of the MileagePlus® and Aeroplan loyalty programs.
Patrick Quayle, United's Senior Vice President of Network Planning and Alliances, highlights the airline's commitment to facilitating access to North America's captivating outdoor experiences. From direct flights to previously less accessible destinations to leveraging partnerships like that with Air Canada, United is broadening its horizons for travelers.
United's strategic addition of nonstop flights enriches its existing robust network, offering new and enhanced connections to sought-after destinations in Canada and Alaska. The airline's summer schedule includes:
- Resuming and introducing new routes to Canadian cities, including Halifax, Vancouver, and Winnipeg, starting in May.
- Increasing flight capacities to Edmonton and Montreal.
- Adding flights to popular Canadian destinations like Toronto, Calgary, and Ottawa.
- Introducing the only nonstop flight from Washington, D.C. to Anchorage and a new route from Denver to Fairbanks.
Furthermore, United's extensive summer schedule extends across all seven U.S. hubs, adding over 100 new flights with highlights such as:
- Denver: Over 40 new summer flights, with increased connections to national parks and mountain towns.
- Houston: Resumption of nonstop service to Ontario, California, and over 40 additional flights to top U.S. destinations.
- Chicago: Enhanced connectivity with 20 new flights and resumed services to Canadian cities.
- Washington/Dulles: First-time nonstop flights to Alaska and added routes across the U.S.
- Los Angeles, Newark/New York, and San Francisco: Additional flights to various U.S. and international destinations.
For those planning summer adventures, January is the perfect time to chart your journey, with tickets for these new nonstop flights available on the United app and United.com. Whether it's hiking in pristine national parks, stargazing in serene mountain towns, or exploring the diverse landscapes of North America, United's expanded summer flights offer an exciting gateway to unforgettable experiences.