Sri Lanka ranked fourth among best tourist destinations for solo travel
Sri Lanka ranked fourth in the world in terms of popularity for individual travel in 2024.
This is reported by On Lanka, referring to the Forbes rating.
The survey was conducted by the travel company Flash Pack. According to the Forbes rating, Japan is the leader. It is the most popular destination for solo travel in 2024, followed by Argentina and Egypt.
Sri Lanka ranks fourth. Colombia, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, Jordan, Thailand, the Philippines, as well as Bali and the Gili Islands occupy 5-10 places on this list.
It is not surprising that Sri Lanka will remain popular in 2024. In 2023, the island was overcrowded with tourists.
Why do tourists choose Sri Lanka?
- tropical climate on the Indian Ocean coast;
- friendliness and hospitality of the locals;
- a wealth of historical and cultural attractions;
- national holidays and festivals;
- diversity of wildlife;
- adventure and active sports;
- vacation in luxury hotels with a high level of service;
- exotic national cuisine;
- bargain shopping at cheaper prices;
- Ayurvedic spiritual practices and spas to help restore both body and soul.